There have been a lot of questions and confusion on the scoping letter that was sent out last week. You can read about that letter by clicking SCOPING LETTER. I decided to make another post on it, so that those that want to know more can read it in this post, instead of having to wade through all the comments from my previous post.
I am still waiting to hear from The Cloud Foundation on what exactly what their proposal is going to be. I have been in contact with Ginger and I hope to have that answer soon.
So while I waited, I contacted Jared to ask for some clarification on what this meant. Thank you so much Jared for getting back to me so fast. Here is what he had to say:
I have my letter ready to send, but will wait until I hear from The Cloud Foundation on their proposal. But, I am thinking it will not change. Here is that letter:
Dear Mr. Sparks,
In regards to the scoping letter regarding the PZP program released April 1, 2013, I as a Montana resident, frequent visitor to the Pryors and permit holder within the Pryors request that the current PZP program remain in place. I feel I have been able to observe and study the horses in their home intently. This year alone, I will be with them for more than 50 days.
I feel that we should see how the current plan works on a good year. With the NPS assisting in the darting of the horses, I feel that the horses will be given the injections in a more timely manner. We should give this program some more time to see how it is working and then re-evaluate as necessary for the next phase starting in 2015.
I would hate to see a rushed decision on changes to the PZP program.
I do not support any changes to the current plan.
Sandra P. Elmore
UPDATE: Here is the link to TCF proposal, just released tonight. I still stand by my letter above. Click TCF to go there.