Wild in the Pryors

A Blog about the Pryor Mountain Wild Horses
Jackson, October, 2011.

Wild Horses And The Missoula, Montana Airport

I have been asked to provide a collection of photos for the Missoula, Montana airport.  The manager of marketing and advertising at the airport was at my Rotary Club presentation about the Pryor Horses last fall.  She recently contacted me and asked me if I would be interested.  Of course I said yes.  It was a good opportunity for a lot of people  to learn about the Pryor Mountain Horses.  It will be displayed in the airport in a place where all people can see the display, not just ticked passengers.

The PMWMC is providing information that will be available for everyone to look at.  Thank you Lori!

I will have a thirty foot wall to fill.  Below are the photos that I have chosen.   All will be on canvas.  I am grouping them in “2’s”.  I have selected a variety of photos.  My hope is it will give those that pass through the airport,  a look into their life on the range.  I think so many people do not even know that there are still wild horses.  I hope I can raise that awareness and cause more people to become involved  and realize the beauty that is just outside their back door.

Also, someone said to me today that they did not know that I sold my photos!  Of course I do, but that is not why I am here.  I am here for the horses and to provide information for everyone.  But, a little gas money to go to the Pryors would be great!  I take over 1,500 photos every time I go.  So if anyone is interested in a particular horse, or photo, please contact me.  My email is listed below.

First grouping and in the middle will be:

Lakota and Grijala, July, 2011

Grijala, July, 2011

On the left side of this pairing will be:

Chino and the Toppers, May, 2012

Jackson and his band, September, 2011

Next and further to the left will be:

Lakota, May, 2012

Bakken, April, 2012

Further to the left will be a group of four foals (in groups of 2):

Montana, May, 2012

Gabrielle and Cappuccino’s foal, May 2012

Then:

Missoula (of course I had to show him!), May 2012

Mica, May 2012

Then on the right of Grijala running, from left to right (in groups of 2) will be:

Lakota, July 2011

Lakota, July 2011

The next two:

Kootenai, April, 2012

Krystal and band, April 2012

The next two:

Kiowa, March, 2012

Kayenta and Warbonnet, May 2012

The final two:

Baja, May, 2012

Jackson, October, 2011

I will update this post with a photo of the display.  It will be in place by the third week in June.

Sandy  (viento3@aol.com)

The display went up June, 12, 2012. The title cards and other signage will be going up soon. I’ll post another photo when it is completely done.

25 Responses to “Wild Horses And The Missoula, Montana Airport”

1. bconner7

What an honor Sandy, congratulations! I can’t wait to go see it! Great choice of photos! :)

2. Linda Dombeck

Congratulations Sandy! And thanks to the airport director for giving you this opportunity to raise awareness about the horses with your wonderful work! It must give you a great feeling of accomplishment.

3. P Hutchings

I love the photos of Starman and Santa Fe (and Judith!) that you posted recently – any room to squeeze some of those in??

• wildinthepryors

Thank you. I had a hard time choosing what photos. I wanted to show some action, but also the landscape and the horses personalities. I tried to choose the ones that I thought would give the best overall impression of the range and horses. After I hang them, if there is more room or looks like there should be more, I may order those to add! Thank you for the suggestion!

4. home, garden, life

Stunning photos Sandy! Love the one of Lakota lying down. The epitome of comfortable. Keep up the fabulous work. Your blog comes through fine now. Diane

5. Artie

Sandy WOW not bad for a kid from New Buffalo. Picking the photo’s has to be tough, they are all so perfect at telling a story.

6. nokotahorse

Wonderful opportunity for the wild horses of Pryor Mountain, wish you all the best! Your photos are absolutely great, as always!

7. Linda Dombeck

I am, of course, thrilled that you’re including that great one of Jackson,close up. He is soooo beautiful and such a great representative of the breed. I hope you get some video of the display when it’s up to share on here. It would be a thrill to see!

8. LoriG

What an honor Sandy! I absolutely love all of the photos that you chose!
    this is a wonderful opportunity to raise awareness of what is in peoples back yards..just like you said!
    Wonderful job!

I’ll see you soon…you too Linda!!!!